Friday, January 3, 2014

Winter Wonderland!

    Most of the Northeast has gotten hit with the Blizzard Hercules (since when are Blizzards named?) I knew when it looked like this when I woke up…

Blog 004 I knew I wasn’t going in. See those footsteps? My husband wasn’t so lucky! He had to! So I watched some News 12, enjoyed my breakfast and got an outdoor workout in by shoveling. That is such a good workout! The good news? The snow was light so it moved easily? Bad news? The snow is light so the wind moves it easily!  I learned from my Potsdam days that if it is cold out to dress in layers! Make sure if you are going outside that you dress accordingly or if you don’t you risk frostbite! I had a runners thermal shirt, a teeshirt over that, my husbands new wicking sweatshirt (thanks babe!) then yoga pants, snow pants, two layers of socks and snow boots, a hat, a hood and waterproof gloves! Of course I had the little child syndrome that I had to use the bathroom once all of that was on! Even with that on, my feet were numb when I was done! Now we are all shoveled out and it is time to enjoy a hot drink and lunch.

My product of the day

      Each entry, I will feature a WOD, product of the day or recipe. My product of the day is Teecino. It is an herbal coffee that has no caffeine but gives you a boost naturally. It is great for those who like coffee, but may not want the caffeine. My Husband and I want to try and have kids soon, so I am trying to limit my coffee intake now so that it is not a shock to my system when I have to cut down for real. Don’t get me wrong, this girl still loves her Morning Joe and cannot cut it out permanently, but this my alternative when I get to the afternoon (after my two cup maximum I have given myself).  This product comes in ground form or in tea bag form. As you can see I love them both!

Blog 011 

and it looks like regular coffee

Blog 016

It tastes like coffee too! I have my brother in-law addicted to this stuff because it is that good! Warms you up just like your cup o’joe!

 

Okay lunch time. My Mother in-law made sandwiches yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment