Friday, February 7, 2014

Busy and Plank Challenge

Hi friends! Sorry I haven’t written in a while! It’s been a crazy and snowy week! The snow is getting old fast, don’t you think? So last time I wrote about my foot. Turns out I may have a nerve entrapment due to the muscle of my ankle building around my foot causing the nerve to be squeezed. Sounds fun right? I am going back to my orthopedist on Tuesday and so I will keep you updated on what he says! Hopefully they will not have to test the nerve out because that test is painful…..think big needle going into your foot. Ow!!

So other than that, it has been a lot of work, shoveling and Physical Therapy. I love going to PT actually because it is a good workout (I somehow have at least an hour of exercises there) and everyone there is so much fun. We have a blast. I am going to hate to see it end. If you live in my area and need to go to PT I highly recommend Physical Therapy and Beyond! So I hope my friends have a great weekend. I will be celebrating my birthday this weekend! Whoo hoo!

Plank Challenge.

So who likes Planks? I know I know that is almost like saying who likes Burpees…no one likes them but they get amazing results. Sometimes you just have to fight through the tough exercises to see the results we love. So my friend at work Joanne got me on the 30 day Plank Challenge. I highly recommend it!! Try and see if you can stay in the plank position the whole time, but if it gets hard or are not used to planks, you can always go on your knees and rest and get back into it, as long as you remain in a plank position. I challenge everyone to try this workout (I am doing it and am on Day 13 which is a rest day!! and yes tomorrow is my birthday but I will be doing my plank!)  Planks are one of the best workouts to do. It is better than any crunch you will try to do to work your core. It gets your core and body working like nothing else. It might not seem like a lot because in essence you are just “lying there” but damn, it works your body like mad! Again, even if you have to go to your knees, it is fine! It is still an accomplishment! You can always take longer on one of the times and build up to it, just try though. If you do not try you will never know! Exercise is as much a mental game than a physical. Your body can go farther than you think if your mind does not get in the way! Comment below if you are willing to take the 30-day plank challenge!! I know you guys can do it!

How-to-do-a-plank

plank

I will leave you with that! Next entry will be about Tumeric….great spice, but so messy!! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment